This application provides a service that:
- charges lower rates for employees when they are in their office locations (within their "business zone" — outside the business zone, normal business mobile rates apply)
- provides business users with a virtual fixed-line number, linking their geographic fixed-line number to a nominated mobile number.
Using this application, the operator captures incoming calls, and if the user is within their nominated business-zone, connects them to the nominated mobile number and charges them the appropriate tariff for business-zone use. If they are outside their nominated zone, depending on preferences, the operator:
- redirects the call to their mobile
- redirects the call to their voicemail service
- notifies the business-zone user by SMS.
This application lets customers use different screening features and tariff plans depending on the origin of the call. It also supports call restrictions outside the office zone and differentiated charging.