OpenCloud provides Educational Community licenses free of charge to official educational organizations (proof may be required). We believe in helping organizations whose purpose is to research, educate, and develop knowledge in the person-to-person telecommunications services and applications domain.
These licenses are designed for organizations that are academic, non-profit, and non-commercial in nature — and that would not otherwise be able to afford OpenCloud's Development licenses, for products such as Rhino.
|Software with an OpenCloud Educational Community license is for academic purposes only. It may not be reproduced, distributed externally, or used in any production environment. In addition any reports or reviews of the OpenCloud product for production environments should not be published prior to review and comment by OpenCloud (this to ensure that results are not distorted by servers used or system configurations deployed.)|
An Educational Community license entitles you to:
- an educational site-wide license to members of the organization
- binary production versions of OpenCloud's products
- runtime clustered environments
- limit of 500 transactions per second per deployment
- perpetual use — renewed yearly
- complimentary online-based support and documentation (a more reliable support channel can be made available).
Open Developer's Portal
OpenCloud supports and believes in an open Developer's Portal and as such would encourage Education Community groups to freely contribute their results (source code, articles, and so on) for use by the community.